Who and what are the Friends of Goldsworth?
The Friends of Goldsworth is the PTA organisation involved in raising funds to provide extra facilities and equipment for the children of Goldsworth Primary School.
The Friends of Goldsworth is registered UK charity number 1100437.
The information below outlines the roles played by various members of the school parent community.
The Friends of Goldsworth is organised as follows:
- We have an elected committee of trustees - this is a legal requirement as a registered Charity.
- Each class has one or more Class Representatives - the Class Representatives liaise with the parents, 'Friends' and the class teacher, to help make things happen.
- All parents/carers at Goldsworth Primary School are automatically members of the Friends of Goldsworth Primary School and welcome to attend all meetings and events.
Parents of all pupils
All parents/carers of children at Goldsworth Primary School are automatically members of the Friends of Goldsworth Primary School and welcome to attend all meetings and events. We would like to get as many parents/carers and friends involved as 'many hands makes light work'. It is, however, your choice how much you contribute in terms of time and donations. You can do as little or as much as you want with no pressure.
Any parent can get involved in any of the following roles.
The role of the Class Representatives includes:
- Day to Day support of class activities - updating Parents/Carers - liaising with the Teachers
- Attending the Friends' meetings
- Organising a rota for manning the allocated stall at the Fayres
- Preparing for the allocated stall at the Fayre as per instructions
- Organising the food and prizes for the class Christmas party
Optional tasks include:
- Organising Parent's nights out;
- Sorting out collections.
Please note that Class Representatives can delegate some or all of these tasks. In some classes, a couple of people organise the food for the class Christmas party, other people organise the Fayre stalls and different people again organise collections and parents night out.
Details of this year's Class Reps can be found on the Contact Us page.
The Friends of Goldsworth's fundraising is heavily reliant on events such as School Fayres, Discos, Tuck shops, Second-hand uniform sales, social events, competitions etc. The School historically holds two Fayres, Christmas and Summer, these generate the biggest donations of the calendar year.
To support these events there are also many non-committee members that are committed to helping out. Events organised by the Friends tend to be run by small teams of people. For contact details of the various organisers, please see the Contact Us page.